Hailing from beneath the surface of Rekh Ir Nasam, Morketten are one of the most enigmatic races in the world. They dwell in regions deep beneath the underdark, where rocks and darkness give way to shadows. Within these shadows, Morketten wage a war against surface dwellers, which include the inhabitants of the underdark. Very little is known about Morketten; and most people are not even being aware of their existence. There are legends of cities composed of living shadows deep underground, but those are usually regarded as old wives’ tales or as the ravings of madmen.Appearance
- Skin is black, and absorbs light.
- Eyes are black and shining, with an almost glittering cast, and are larger than average human size.
- Morketten have no hair, but instead, wisps of shadow float around their heads as if in place of hair.
- Tend to be smallish and slender.
- facial features of the Morketten are not extremely well formed. They have mouths with very thin lips (also have pointy teeth!), large tympanic membranes on the sides of their heads in place of ears, and very slight protrusions for noses.
- Average Height: 4’2”-5”3
- Average Weight: 85-100 lbs.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence or Dexterity
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 squares
- Vision: Darkvision
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Insight, +2 Stealth.
- Shadow Resistance: You gain resistance to cold and poison damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.
- Shadow Origin: You are considered a shadow creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
- Shadow Double: You gain Shadow Double as an encounter power.
- Shadow Double (racial power)
- Encounter—Conjuration, Shadow
- Move action—Personal
- Effect: You conjure a shadowy double of yourself within 10 squares that lasts until the end of your next turn. On your turn you and your double share your normal allotment of actions, and you may use your At-Will powers through your double. You may flank with your double. At the end of your next turn you may remain either in your original square or the square of your double.
- Fleeting Shadow
- Prerequisite: Morketten
- Benefit: When you spend an action point you become invisible to all creatures further away from you than 3 squares.
- Ephemeral Form
- Prerequisite: Morketten
- Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to escape grab and +1 bonus to saving throws against effects that immobilize or restrain.
- Blinding Shadows
- Prerequisite: Morketten, 11th level.
- Benefit: When you score a critical hit your target is blinded until the end of his next turn.